Founded in 1990, National Leather Alliance (NLA)-Dallas, is an independent local chapter. As a 501(c)7 non-profit, we focus on social and educational opportunities for our members and those interested in the Leather/BDSM/Fetish lifestyle. Our membership is open to anyone 18 years of age or older regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification.
Our Statement of Purpose
- To establish and maintain a communication, information, education, and support network for Members of the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community in North Texas.
- To promote, with power and pride, the right of all adults to engage in safe, sane and consensual sexual expression, including support for the decriminalization of such acts between consenting adults.
- To facilitate political activism, visibility, and education aimed at the eradication of stereotypical beliefs, misconceptions, and media misrepresentations about the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To provide, though our publications, educational materials, and conferences, a forum for the sharing of knowledge, viewpoints, and practices of a diverse network of people.
- To educate and strengthen individuals, organizations, publications and businesses within our community against threats to our constitutionally mandated liberties.
- To facilitate fund raising for projects, organizations, defense funds, and charities which directly service the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To create and preserve a record of the Leather history, traditions and culture of NLA‐Dallas.
|Sergeant at Arms||open|
|Beyond Vanilla Director Co-Chairs||Malcolm|
|Members at Large||Alice|
NLA-Dallas Bylaws (as of July 2018)
NLA-Dallas Policies and Procedures (as of July 2018)
NLA-DALLAS HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE
Domestic violence takes many forms: physical violence, assault, isolation, outright or subtle psychological and emotional abuse, economic control, sexual assault and abuse as well as the destruction of personal property. NLA-Dallas advocates relationships based on personal responsibility, honesty and integrity in which power and pleasure are derived from mutual respect. Everyone deserves to be in a safe and healthy relationship.